Standard Locksets, Buy these Standard Lockset from our Dayari Technologies shop in Nairobi Kenya at discounted prices today
The term Lockset indicates a combination of lock (and cylinder where appropriate) and pair of lever handles.
UNION offer a range of two, three and four lever as well as pin tumbler cylinder locksets all of which carry the SABS mark of approval. These locksets are suitable for use in public, commercial, institutional, industrial and residential buildings.
Buy these Standard Lockset from our Dayari Technologies shop in Nairobi Kenya at discounted prices today.
How do you know which type of lockset is right for you?
It’s a question most people don’t start thinking about, until they are in the lock hardware isle or standing in a locksmith shop. Lots of times, people will use a term like “regular” or “standard” to describe the function of the lockset they are trying to purchase. Unfortunately, manufacturers do not label their locks with those terms, leaving the consumer having to make a guess. Well, let’s take the guesswork out of it! Here is some common industry knowledge and terminology to help make you a more informed consumer:
(There are other functions outside these five, but they are far less common and only needed in special circumstances.)
- Entry Lockset Function. This is the most common type of lock and chances are, you probably have them on your home or office now. An entry function lockset will have a small button on the inside of the knob/lever, allowing you to manually lock the door, when you choose. Most types will allow you to push the button in or push it in and turn the button, causing the lock to remain locked, even after a key is inserted and used. You will most commonly find them on residential homes, on front and back doors.
- Storeroom Lockset Function. This particular lock, is always locked and requires a key to be used each time you want to enter. There is no button on the inside and does not come with an option to leave the door open. It’s perfect for commercial uses, on a supply closet, because it will ensure that the door is locked, as long as it’s closed. You don’t want anyone stealing those pens and papers!
- Classroom Lockset Function. Classroom function is used for exactly what you would think, a classroom! Much like to the storeroom function lockset, this lock does not have a button on the inside. However, it DOES have the ability to be left unlock, but ONLY with a key. A full turn will lock or unlock the knob/lever, allowing only the person with the correct key to leave the door open. It’s a great lock for anyone who doesn’t want to leave a door open, unless they authorize it to be.
- Privacy Lockset Function. This lockset is used primarily in bathrooms and/or bedrooms, intended for the purpose its name suggests; privacy. They will most often have a small hole on the outside, and a push button on the inside. The small hole on the outside can be opened with any kind of pin or paperclip, simply by pushing it in. They are not designed to be used as a main locking device, but just a means to keep someone from walking in when you are using the bathroom or getting dressed in a bedroom.
- Passage Lockset Function. This is hardly a “real” lock at all! This knob.lever doesn’t actually lock, it just keeps the door latched to the frame, so they don’t blow around in the wind. You will commonly find them on closets in a home or doors that just don’t need to be locked in general. Some people will also use them on bedrooms, so you can close the door, but not lock it.
And that’s all of them! So, hopefully when you are purchasing your next set of locks, you can use this information and get a count on which doors – need what lockset functions. That way, your home or business can be setup in the exact fashion you want it, saving you time, money and aggravation.
union locks catalogue,
union locks kenya,
smart door locks kenya,
There are no reviews yet.